Investment Analyst - active investing
In this role, you are a core team member of a top tier active investor in Europe with a focus on large, publicly traded corporations. You have a steep learning & development curve ahead - you thoroughly analyze target companies, support large-scale transactions and later grow into an active investor role where you impact global corporations by shaping and supporting their strategy, governance and operations.
As an Investment Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and actively managing investments, predominantly in German speaking Europe. Your tasks include:
- Comprehensive market analysis and research to identify potential investments;
- In-depth analysis of identified companies, including strategy, products, financial statement analysis, industry benchmarking and financial modeling;
- Defining improvement programs together with experts and company representatives;
- Implementation of transactions with selected traders;
- Active monitoring of portfolio companies’ operational performance and regular discussion with senior company executives.
- Top 5% degree throughout all education curriculums; ideally with a business or quantitative related major (business administration, economics, natural science, engineering);
- Internship experience with top-tier brands in Investment Banking, Strategy Consulting and/or Private Equity, internship experiences in quantitative fields a plus;
- Extracurricular exposure to business or investing (e.g. consulting / investment banking internships, startup engagement or own stock market investing experience);
- Curiosity to understand industrial cycles, business models and competitive dynamics;
- Extraordinary analytical skills; strong ability to identify, disaggregate and find pragmatic solutions to complex problems;
- Well-structured communication in oral and written form;
- Interested in understanding other people’s perspective and building a network;
- Team spirit and high loyalty to assignment, clients and colleagues;
- Excellent German and solid English skills, in oral and written form.